[plug] Halt

Ari Finander ari at scientist.com
Thu Dec 28 21:07:32 WST 2000

When I halt my RH 7 system from the Gnome GUI while logged in as a regular user, should it go all the way to power down, or will it get to 'system halted' and then stop unless I log out and then select halt from the login screen?  When I try to halt the system when I'm logged in as a standard user it doesn't go all the way to power down, but when I log out and then select halt from the system menu at the login screen it does go all the way to power down.

Ari
ari at scientist.com