[plug] Halt

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 22:37:38 WST 2000

> When I try to halt the system when I'm logged in as
> standard user it doesn't go all the way to power
> down, but when I log out and then select halt from
> the system menu at the login screen it does go all
> the way to power down.

I was having a similar problem with RH6.0. When
halting (or rebooting) while logged in, it only
actually shut down about half the time, the other half
it acted as if I had tried to logout. Shutting down
from the login screen always worked though.

The problem appears to be fixed in RH6.2, but it seems
strange that it should reappear in the next version.

Andrew

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?