[plug] Samba config

Scott scott at bizzpro.com.au
Fri Dec 29 09:53:51 WST 2000

>From: "Jon Miller" <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>

>I seem to be having a problem that may be under my nose, but when I dial in
to our Linux server with Samba running >I'm not able to see the server nor
the shares.  I checked my Win98 PC IP address and it reports the correct IP
>address the Linux server  gives (192.168.2.2).  However as I stated I'm not
able to see the shares.
>I do have the IP address listed in the smb.conf file as a valid host
address in the format of hosts allow = 192.168.1. >192.168.2. 127. which
hopefully is correct.
>Is there another setting that must be configured in order for the shares to
be seen?

Whoops sorry about the repeat post i pressed the wrong button.

This looks like a case of wrong password encryption i know a lot of people
use samba with the old win95 plain_text_password. Win95OSR2 or nt service
pack3 onwards all passwords are encrypted by default. It's generally easier
to use samba with plain text password.
Anyway i can send you the registry program if you want it or its probably
available on the samba site.

Scott