[plug] OT: JFS for Linux released by IBM to GPL (fwd)

John Summerfield summer at OS2.ami.com.au
Sat Feb 5 12:40:00 WST 2000

JFS is a new filesystem IBM shipped with its latest version of OS/2 Warp
Server (more commonly called WSEB - Warp Server for E-Business).

I don't know much about it; one of its advantages is quicker recovery
after an inadvertent system restart.

OS/2's JFS is, I think, based on an AIX filesystem.

------- Forwarded Message

From: "Jerry Rowe" <jerryrowe at usa.net>
To: "os2-isp at stat.com" <os2-isp at stat.com>
Subject:   OT: JFS for Linux released by IBM to GPL

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/02/03/0931237&mode=thread
  -=-         -=-        -=-       -=-        -=-       -=-       -=-
-=-
Jerry L. Rowe
http://www.iquest.net/~jlrowe
jerryrowe at usa.net - Warping the Internet
-=-
The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the
same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
- -Albert  Einstein

------- End of Forwarded Message

--
Cheers