[plug] fetchmail limit/warning flags

John Summerfield summer at OS2.ami.com.au
Sun Feb 6 01:36:03 WST 2000

> I am using fetchmail as root, to collect the mail for all users on my
> system. The cronjob entry is as follows:

I recommend NOT running fetchmail from a crontab; it's possible to get
more than one copy of fetchmail running at once.

That's a bug; Eric is working on it; I've not heard of anyone producing it
running it from cron, but then I've not heard of anyone else doing it at
all and I've done it three times.

fetchmail has its own built-in feature to poll at intervals; better to use
it IMV.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield