[plug] email error messages

russ russ at powerstech.com
Mon Feb 14 09:12:22 WST 2000

Leon Brooks wrote:
> The bounces happened on "localhost" so I'm suspecting that he is anyway.
>
> It could be done invisibly with a poor config, plus recipe from
> rootshell, plus custom app.

So someone is trying to use my computer to send spam. This is bad.
My computer is rejecting these attempts? This is good.

Do I need sendmail to get mail from a remote host if I am using
fetchmail? How do I kill sendmail so it doesn't start at boot or as a
daemon? Because yes, I see it is running. Or do I just not worry since
the spammers are being rejected they will go somewhere else?

--

Regards
russ

http://www.powerstech.com/hex