OT: Battery life (Re: [plug] Local StarOffice...)

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Mon Feb 14 13:55:01 WST 2000

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Gavin Tweedie wrote:

> as a side note, if I get an oldish pentium laptop for lectures this year,
> what kind of battery life will I get off it if im just using linux with vi
> or something along those lines for note-taking..
> ie. Will it last a lecture? half a day?...

How long is a piece of string? :)

Assuming you're talking about a 2nd hand laptop, it really depends on how
well the previous owner has looked after the battery. My 486 laptop would
last a 2 hour lecture (running WP51 through DOSEmu :) when I went to uni
4 years ago, but won't even last 2 minutes now. :)

 - Matt