[plug] Hostname change

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Feb 15 20:28:20 WST 2000

"Mike (Perth, WA)" wrote:
> What am I very wrong about ?
>
> All I've said (and intimated) is that a serious OS design should not need a
> reboot after a simple config change - for the simple example that a mission
> critical task could be in execution at the time of a non-relevant config
> change, for sheer efficiency it would not be sensible to halt/suspend the
> mission critical task - the OS designer should be able to
> assign and reassign config issues without the need for a reboot...
>
> Rgds
>
> Mike Massen

I think what is being missed here is the reply seems to be targeted
at Mike Holland and not you..
You will note on the bottom of Mike Holland's message, and I quote

"
Which just goes to show that any serious OS should be rebooted after
every
configuration change.

Billy G.                          --==-- "

Looks like another troll from mr B.G.Gruff ;p)

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would