[plug] Advice please

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 16 10:32:50 WST 2000

on Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 10:25:35AM +0800, skribe <skribe at amber.com.au> wrote:
> I'm about to buy a new computer to replace our aging P133 home server.  My
> working price range is $3000-3500 for the complete system.  The main
> problem is choosing a CPU.  There is fortunately a multitude of options.
> Unfortunately I'm a little overwhelmed and would like some advice.  This is
> what I'm considering (not an exhaustive list by any means =) :
>
> dual celeron 533
> athlon 650
>
> What do you think?  Are there better options within my price range? Alpha?
> Sparc? Tell him he's dreaming ;).

You should tell us what you want to be doing on the machine. Do you
use vmware, this would effect your decisions.

Also does the 3000-3500 include the monitor?

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065