[plug] help on a reaaally basic command--please

dez dynamix at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 17 11:06:53 WST 2000

 i have just installed gtoaster and as soon as I start it it opens with
the correct screen the blurb about first time using and setting preferences.
Then It disappears.

I am using Redhat 6.1 with gnome and other gnome programs so presumably it
should run.
I am thinking one of the libraries (eg.gtk 1.2 etc) may not be correct.
What I need (but can't find )  is  -- "What is the command for finding a
version..?"
 eg   the equivelent to   (Dos)    _ "gtk /ver "_ ?       ????

I know I should know it but I can't remember what it is..
and unless you know what you wnat to know "man" just cant help!!!

thanx Guys and Gals

Dez