[plug] Netscape Default Profile...

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Mon Feb 21 10:15:49 WST 2000

G'day Trevor,

> Does anyone have any tips on setting up a "default" profile
> for Netscape under UNIX/Linux? I want it so that a new user
> will get a certain set of bookmarks &
> preferences, not the crummy Netscape defaults...

Although I haven't actually tried this you should be able to
create a ".netscape" directory under "/etc/skel". Inside the
".netscape" directory place a copy of the bookmark file. Now
everytime you create a use the "/etc/skel" should be copied
into the new users home directory. Netscape will startup as
normal (with the create cache dir crap, etc...) but shouldn't
replace the existing bookmarks file

You can also follow suit with the "preferences.js" file
although it may take some trial and error...

Later,

Jason Nicholls