[plug] Netscape Default Profile...

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Feb 21 10:20:45 WST 2000

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Does anyone have any tips on setting up a "default" profile for Netscape under
> UNIX/Linux? I want it so that a new user will get a certain set of bookmarks &
> preferences, not the crummy Netscape defaults...

Trevor,
Its the same as creating a default config for anything else.
See reference to /etc/skel in useradd(8).
Put a suitable .netscape/bookmarks.html and .netscape/preferences.js in
there. Hopefully netscape will create the rest and not overwrite when run
for the first time. Otherwise you may need more files.
   Netscape itself may have another solution, but Unix prefers more
generic solutions.

cheers,

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--