[plug] Netscape Default Profile...

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Feb 21 14:59:56 WST 2000

Mike Holland wrote:

> Its the same as creating a default config for anything else.
> See reference to /etc/skel in useradd(8).
> Put a suitable .netscape/bookmarks.html and .netscape/preferences.js in
> there. Hopefully netscape will create the rest and not overwrite when run
> for the first time. Otherwise you may need more files.

I thought of that, but the preferences.js includes some locations (such as
cache, etc) which contain the users name. I suppose I could remove them from
the preferences.js and see if Netscape fills them in. I don't think I need to
set any of those to custom values.

What happens if multiple Netscapes use the one disk cache? ^_^

: Web Systems Administrator      -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :