[plug] Unix Beginners Textbook?

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 22 16:02:18 WST 2000

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 07:54:52AM +0000, Christian wrote:
[ snip ]
> Another one worth considering might be "Debian Unleashed" or
> something similar although only obviously if you're teaching Debian.
> I had a quick flick through it the other day and it looked
> remarkably good... I normally never even pick up the "* Unleashed"
> books.

Is that the one by Coriolis Press? The "open source" one that's
available for free online? Or am I confusing it with something else?

BTW Trevor, you might want to point them towards some of the LDP free
documentation that is available in quite a lot of useful formats.
I reckon the Linux install/user guides (despite looking a bit dated
when I last perused them - they might have been updated since) are
actually pretty good introductions to UNIX in general.

> Regards,
>
> Christian.

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
"If a machine couldn't run a free operating system, we got rid of it."

  -- Richard Stallman (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)