Why I use Debian. Was Re: [plug] Mandrake - printing

Christian christian at global.net.au
Wed Feb 23 09:29:35 WST 2000

russ wrote:
> The real reason I jumped in here is to ask if APT can be used on a
> non-Debian distro? Can I just get the APT rpm ;-) and install it then
> use APT for now on?

As I've already said before in this thread, you cannot do this because
other distributions don't have the same package organisational
infrastructure that Debian has.  There may also be some potential
incompatiblities in terms of differences between the capabilities of the
different package formats but I'm not sure about the specifics of this.
At this stage if you want to enjoy the benefits of APT then you will
have to install Debian.

Regards,

Christian.