[plug] any Apache Experts on list?

navarre at omen.net.au navarre at omen.net.au
Fri Feb 25 09:24:42 WST 2000

Hello All

As an exercise at work I have been setting up Apache 1.3.9 and
Squid 2.2 stable 4 on a Solaris 2.5 Sun Ultra box. Nice and fast
but very badly configured. Whilst I have Squid running and Apache
serving pages, and now a working DNS lookup I am having trouble
with the Apache Cache module using squid as the upstream proxy.

Is there anyone on the list with experience using the apache cache
module and squid together. The purpose of this exercise is to replicate
the setup of one of our clients in the UK who have this working.
I do have a copy of there httpd.conf and squid.conf, both without
the comments and I am new to both progams.

The current, hopefully last, issue is an access denied message from
Squid when setting port 80, the apache proxy, as the browser proxy.
Viewing the same page using the squid only as browser proxy workes fine.

I have been scowering the net looking at apache and squid docs and seeking
tutorials and applied what I was able to use and understand from these.
There is seeminly little written on the apache proxy module.

Regards Navarre