[plug] Remove VMWare...

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Fri Feb 25 09:30:58 WST 2000

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Has anyone tried VMWare-ing to a remote place? ie; via X to another place.

Haven't tried it. should be possible, but X is DAMN SLOW over small links.

> Or even more versatile, can VMWare run and use a VNC Server as the display?
> (MMmmm. Thin-Client Multi-OS access...)

I've remotely logged into a VMWare machine that has WinVNC running on it,
but there's no reason why you can't run VMWare on XVNC on a headless
machine.

I think having a seperate copy of VNC on each Virtual Machine is perhaps a
little more flexible though. :)

(It means you need a seperate IP address for each VM though, and use
their "bridging" mode for networking)

 - Matt