[plug] Remote VMWare...

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Fri Feb 25 10:09:34 WST 2000

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> "small links"??

Anything less than 256kbit? :) (and it would probably be slow even on
that)

> Still, I doubt Windoze over X would be as efficient as native X apps... Hence
> VNC I think would be more useable.

Plus you can disconnect from the VNC server and VMWare will keep running,
but if you want to shutdown/reboot/whatever an X client machine, all
programs you are running must die.

> Hmmm, why is that? Wouldn't it be better (assuming it's Windows on the Virtual
> box) to minimise instability? ^_^

I suppose it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. :)

 - Matt