[plug] Hum causing modem dropout

John Summerfield summer at OS2.ami.com.au
Fri Feb 25 07:36:31 WST 2000

> Have you checked the quality of the telephone wiring, as corrosion at
> connections can introduce noise onto the line. So check all points and
> joints.
> Also try unplugging all the phones to eliminate current drawing devices that
> may exist in them eg abbreviated dialling memory.

I'm surprised Arie didn't mention that Testra can test the loading on your
line; I had some problems in Melbourne a few years ago and phoned 1100
(before they changed to a new number that's damnably forgettable) and the
operator did just that while I was on the line. I told her what I had, and
she said the loading tested within limits.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield