[plug] Directcom modems

Paul Wilson hooker at opera.iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 28 10:11:06 WST 2000

"Matt Kemner" <zombie at networx.net.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Paul Wilson wrote:
>
> > I'm getting more and more impressed !!  Could you pass on the init
string
> > that you used (particularly to lock V90) ?
>
> I don't believe I used an init string, other than the one below
>
> > > Try &F&C1&D2%C3
> >
> > I agree - but under MickeySoft the problem doesn't arise because the
> > installed drivers handle everything for you, including init strings.
BTW,
> > what's  %C3  ?  The other elements I recognise.
>
> Enable compression IIRC
>
> I tend not to fiddle much with init strings, just use the generic one,
> above.
>
> What type of system are you connecting to?
> Usually we've found the DirectCom to work out-of-the-box connecting to our
> Cisco access servers.  Apparently iiNet think the same.

Well, I *did* get it to work, after realising that it was a bit naive to
assume that the manual was accurate :-( and discarding things like  'Select
Modulation' and 'AT&P1'.  The %C3 above isn't currently included in the init
string, but can be when I'm next with the machine.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Paul