[plug] Directcom modems

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Mon Feb 28 09:52:53 WST 2000

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Paul Wilson wrote:

> I'm getting more and more impressed !!  Could you pass on the init string
> that you used (particularly to lock V90) ?

I don't believe I used an init string, other than the one below

> > Try &F&C1&D2%C3
>
> I agree - but under MickeySoft the problem doesn't arise because the
> installed drivers handle everything for you, including init strings.  BTW,
> what's  %C3  ?  The other elements I recognise.

Enable compression IIRC

I tend not to fiddle much with init strings, just use the generic one,
above.

What type of system are you connecting to?
Usually we've found the DirectCom to work out-of-the-box connecting to our
Cisco access servers.  Apparently iiNet think the same.

 - Matt