[plug] What are the real differences between Linux and FreeBSD?

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Fri Jan 7 10:10:17 WST 2000

>I've heard all the opinions, but does anybody have an objective list of
>differences between Linux and FreeBSD?

There's a (somewhat) objective list of differences at the beginning of Greg
Lehey's book "The Complete FreeBSD". I understand Greg, who lives in
Australia and is considered to be a world authority on FreeBSD, is not
adverse to Linux BTW. You could ask him yourself about differences, he's
pretty approachable: grog at lemis.com

Or you could make your own assessment. Perhaps you could start with:

General
http://www.freebsd.org/features.html

Security
http://www.freebsd.org/~jkb/howto.html

BTW, I use both Linux and FreeBSD, depending on the application, though I'm
nowhere near expert with either (as is self evident more times than I prefer!).

Steve