[plug] Hardware Recommendations??

Jamie moir at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 10 11:47:06 WST 2000

Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Cost is an issue, but we're not talking Shoestring (like Dual Celeron);
> Hopefully we should be able to get about $20-$30k for two servers.
> Features we're after include:
>   - SMP - At least Dual PIII. Am thinking Dual Coppermine PIII.
>   - Hardware RAID (mirrored).
>   - Hardware Support Agreement (pref. on-site)
>   - Redundant Power Supplies

open systems support? is where we got a fairly flash server for work
from, its acer based and they are acer agents which is ok as they get
paid to fix any bugs, not that we have really had any

i believe someone on this list may work for them?

 - its smp[able]
 - has a nice juicy mylex 3 channel hw raid setup
 - has support agreement
 - has the option for redundant pwr supplies
 - ours also has a 5 disk hot swap setup

I can dig up a contact name and address if you like, on a whole apart
from being redhat sympathists they are pretty good

Jamie