[plug] LANS and email and stuff

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Tue Jan 11 16:51:23 WST 2000

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Bret Busby wrote:

> I typed cucipop in to the URL text box, and was directed to a site at
> ftp://ftp.cuci.nl/pub, which is, unfortunately, in Holland, and so the text at
> ftp://ftp.cuci.nl/pub/cuciocom.txt is in Dutch.

There are a number of Dutch-speaking list members who might be willing to
translate :)

That particular text files refers to cuciocom though, not cucipop so
wouldn't help you even if you could comprehend it.
(And doesn't make a great deal of sense to me either because it assumes
 you know what cuciocom actually is, which I don't)

But the easiest method, if you can't find an rpm, would probably be to
grab the .deb file and use alien to install it.

Alternatively you can grab the source code from any Debian mirror (which
should compile easily under RedHat, providing you have the required
include files)

(eg ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/
/mirrors/linux/debian/dists/slink/non-free/source/net/cucipop_1.31.orig.tar.gz)

That same file is also available from the ftp site you mentioned above,
but why grab it from the other side of the world if it's available right
here?

 - Matt