[plug] Network Cards

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Jan 12 11:15:30 WST 2000

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Bradley Browne wrote:

> I am wondering how I can find out the base address of the two network
> cards that I have installed on my machine.  I used to have only one card
> in there and now that I want to add another I need to put
> append="something, something 0x300 " in my conf.lilo file.

You can find out the address for your first card by going through your log
files from previous boot-ups, but other than that it's not so easy to find
out these details from an ISA nonPnP device (which I'm assuming it is,
because most PCI devices have addresses much higher than 0x300)
However you can ask the kernel to autoprobe both cards by adding the line:

append="ether=0,0,eth0 ether=0,0,eth1"

 - Matt