[plug] fetchmail

stephen. steve at newton.dialix.com.au
Sat Jan 15 10:19:24 WST 2000

Well i give up  -ive spent one houre trying to figure
out how to use fetchmail to get my mail from my UCC account
to my Linux machine at home - ime totally baffled - manual pages
for fetchmail are not helping either.
below is the output from running fetchmail

> fetchmail -u steve -p AUTO -A 'password' ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
> Enter password for steve at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au:
> 23 messages (1 seen) for steve at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au.
> skipping message 1 not flushed
> reading message 2 of 23 (878 header octets) fetchmail: SMTP connect to root at optiquest failed
> fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
> fetchmail: Query status=10
> the end.

so what am i missing - whats going wrong
- my home machine is redhat 6.0 setup
with a rebuilt kernel - is it cause ime missing some drivers ?
or am i missing a parameter ?
i am running fetchmail as root on my machine ( i am root on my pc)