[plug] 4 Port Serial Card

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Sat Jul 8 10:58:45 WST 2000

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Kai wrote:

> I am trying to configure my Red Hat 6.2 box with a 4 port PCI serial card for dial-in use.
> I can get port 1 (Com 3) to work so mgetty has the "DT" button active, but the other 3 ports (Com 4, 5 and 6) don't wanna be detected by mgetty.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this PCI card working properly?
> Thanks in advance.

man setserial:

You'll probably have to do something like:

setserial /dev/ttyS3 port 0x02a0 auto_irq fourport
setserial /dev/ttyS4 port 0x02a8 auto_irq fourport
setserial /dev/ttyS5 port 0x02b0 auto_irq fourport
setserial /dev/ttyS6 port 0x02b8 auto_irq fourport

For each device.  (ttyS[3456])

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein