[plug] Linux seminar at ECU.

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Jul 27 22:36:44 WST 2000

Oliver,
I'd avoid the term "free software" in favour of ESRs "open source". For
any Windoze user, "freeware" is associated with all those crappy
binary-only utilities, including shareware, nagware etc. The term seems to
have caught on, and is easier than talking beer vs. speech.

  Inspire them with the examples like Linux and Apache. (Dont mention
Mozilla :-( )   What are some good examples of true free-ware in the
Win32 world? (any?)

  Its great to spead the word at Edith Cowan, but I think you can
concentrate there. The serious universities alreay have _plenty_ of Linux
advocates. <duck>

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--