[plug] Woohoo - Q3 finally works

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jun 2 17:39:20 WST 2000

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 02:30:47AM +0800, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> G'day Pete,
>
> On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 02:06:45AM +0800, Peter Wright wrote:
> > And even _better_ than under Windows 98, due to the fact that I could use
> > both CPUs. It runs quite tolerably at 1600x1200 at 32bpp, and absolutely
> > screams at 1280x1024 at 32bpp. In comparison, I stuck to 1024x768 for best
> > performance under Windows - it seemed to be wheezing quite a bit at
> > 1280x1024. (of course such comparisons are extremely subjective and should
> > be taken with several grains of salt)
>
> Awesome ;) What sort of frame rates are you getting out of your setup. I
> recently setup GLX and can now play q3, q2 (etc..). My system is a k6-2 500
> with a Matrox G400. Unfortunately I only get about 31fps at 800x600 in
> "normal" mode. This is playable but I'm sure faster would be nice ;)

I just got it working for the first time last night, so I haven't yet
bothered to get around to fun things like measuring frame rates.

Besides which I don't know how to do it. :-)

So, how _do_ you do it? Do you need another utility to measure or
what? If you can let me know I'll try it out tonight and let the list
know (there's probably one or two others out there who might be
interested... :).

> Later,
> Jason Nicholls

My next project is to get Unreal Tournament working under Linux... now
_that_ should be even more fun... :)

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

52. You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of
    your computer with a toilet.