[plug] Woohoo - Q3 finally works

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Fri Jun 2 19:50:57 WST 2000

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 05:39:20PM +0800, Peter Wright wrote:
> > Awesome ;) What sort of frame rates are you getting out of your setup. I
> > recently setup GLX and can now play q3, q2 (etc..). My system is a k6-2 500
> > with a Matrox G400. Unfortunately I only get about 31fps at 800x600 in
> > "normal" mode. This is playable but I'm sure faster would be nice ;)
>
> I just got it working for the first time last night, so I haven't yet
> bothered to get around to fun things like measuring frame rates.
>
> Besides which I don't know how to do it. :-)
>
> So, how _do_ you do it? Do you need another utility to measure or
> what? If you can let me know I'll try it out tonight and let the list
> know (there's probably one or two others out there who might be
> interested... :).

In quake 3 bring up a console:

	\timedemo 1
	\demo <demoname>		(try "demo001" or "demo002")

In quake 2 bring up a console:

	timedemo 1
	demomap <demoname>		(try "demo1.dm2" or "demo2.dm2")

After the demo has completed bring up the console again there will be a line
containing some stats including fps.

Later,

Jason Nicholls
Jason Nicholls    icq: 11745841	   email: <jason at mindsocket.com.au>