Host file

Tom Hallam thallam at ee.uwa.edu.au
Sat Jun 3 18:44:26 WST 2000

Jon

The access file is used to create an access.db and that has to be
updated manually.  Check the modification time of /etc/mail/access.db
and if it is before the mod time of /etc/mail/access you need to
update it (as root) using:

cd /etc/mail
makemap hash access <access

Tom Hallam

"Jon L. Miller" wrote:

> So If I have a file such as this:
> /etc/mail/access
>     192.168.1.1     RELAY
>     10.0.0.6        RELAY
>     gooddomain.net  RELAY
>     baddomain.net   550 Mail from your domain is denied
>     192.168.1.10    550 Internet mail may not be sent from this host.
> If I wanted to set the RELAY to allow mail from 192.168.2.2, this would
> allow email to relay from the 192.168.2.2 on this mail server is that
> correct? Do I have to run any other program to get this information in the
> system?

Tom Hallam                                     ph: (08) 9380 1634
Information Systems Manager.                  fax: (08) 9380 1065
Dept. Electrical and Electronic Engineering. mobile: 0410 453 630
University of Western Australia                           rm: G72
http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~thallam    mailto:thallam at ee.uwa.edu.au