[plug] [Fwd: ECHALK: INTERNET MONITORING SOFTWARE]

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Tue Jun 6 18:00:09 WST 2000

On  0, connell <connellp at wantree.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Group
> 	I've taken the liberty to forward this from another group as I believe
> PLUG members can best provide the information that is being sort.
> 	Many thanks
> PaulC
>
> Hi
> Can anyone out there recommend some proprietary software to monitor Internet
> sites that students visit. We are running Nt Proxy but will soon be moving
> to Linux Red Hat.
> We have been given a flyer on WebSpy. Has anyone used it?
>
> Anna Hu
> John XXIII College
> Mooro Drive
> Mt Claremont  6010
> Ph 9383 0423
> Fax 9385 2173

Try Squid.
You can find this at,
	 http://www.squid-cache.org/

This is a proxy server which allows you to monitor sites accessed,
bandwidth allocation, individual access control etc.

If it is for school, you might want to use Junkbuster too.
This tool blocks banner advertisments on the web pages. You can substitute
your own educational images for the banner ads.
Junkbusters can be found at,
	http://www.junkbusters.com/
	http://www.waldherr.org/junkbuster/

Hope this helps. Good luck!

--

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com