[plug] Award Bios flash upgrade

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Wed Jun 7 13:01:01 WST 2000

>Care to expound on that dire possibility?
>

><<< "Parisse" <parisse at tik.com.au>  6/ 7  8:28a >>>
>you may beable to back your Bios up on to disk but if you kill the
>bios during a upgrade the pc wont boot any way so a disk wont
>help much.

If I recall correctly (it's a while since I played with this),
some bios/m'board combinations will still boot enough of an OS off
your dos boot floppy to burn the old one back if the new one doesn't work.

I had this happen with an ASUS m'board once - the checksum failed with
the new BIOS install but I was able to get the old one back on board.
For some bizare reason the second upgrade attempt worked.

Can't give any guarantees on your particular setup though. One tip
however - make sure you are using a good floppy disk to save your
old BIOS to!

Good luck,

Dave.

  David Griffiths                             griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection          Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia