[plug] Compiling DPT SmatRAID V driver

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Sat Jun 10 00:09:41 WST 2000

HELP!!  PLEASE ...

I am going round in circles. I am trying to compile a DPT driver into a
kernel for RH6.2

I had it once, don't know how!, but now I can not replicate it. The
basic steps are:

1. Using patch from DPT web site copied into /usr/src/linux
2. gzip -cd 109patch.gz | patch -p1
3. make menuconfig [OK]
4. make dep [OK]
5. make clean [OK]
6. make bzImage [Errors ... attached file]

Not being much of a programmer (10 ?"Hello" : Goto 10 :), I am a bit
lost. Guessing a variable has not been defined
(PCI_CLASS_INTELLIGENT_I2O) but what would I declare it as? Where?

I am really under pressure on this, the server is already 3 days late.
Next time I will do more research into how a driver is packaged when the
manufacturer says "supports Linux". I don't want to put "NoTech" on
here, but might have to if I can not get Linux to recognise the card.
Every where I have read on the net seems to indicate it's easy ... don't
know about a kernel panic, but Mike is ... :(

TIA

----
Mike Earnshaw       | "It don't mean a thing if     | e-mail in header
Computer Systems    | you cain't get that Ping...." | Tel: +61 8 9256
1099
  Support           |    Duke Ellington, 1932       | Fax: +61 8 9256
1199
----
Union Switch & Signal, 24 Bannick Court, Canning Vale, WA 6155,
Australia
----