[plug] Dial-up server (ping, proxy, telnet)

Kai vk6ksj at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 10 02:23:48 WST 2000

OK. The server I am dialling into has a temporary class C address on the
modem side...and I can now ping past this address to the real IP that is
connected to the ethernet side.
No, I haven't set-up a proxy on the Linux box, I don't intend to.
Yes, my Linux home machine has forwarding enabled ! =)
My other home machine is windows....both use class C 192. addressing.

No, I have not tried dialling with the laptop from home, the laptop's not
mine...
Telnetting to the dial-in server is fine for about a minute or so and then
it's like the server doesn't exist..? nor ping or telnet works to the
dial-in server.
At the moment there is only one modem on the dial-in server..so no problems
with any problems of dialling into a different rack just yet.! Hahaha