[plug] Sendmail Is it possible to spool mail locally

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Sat Jun 10 15:05:24 WST 2000

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 02:12:21PM +0800, Mike Holland wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, James Robert New wrote:
[ snip ]
> > I have been reading Sendmail for Linux by Rich Blum but it seems to
> > land on either side of my requirement and I have been unable to bridge
> > the gap.  So I would really appreciate  a point in the right direction.
>
> Overkill! The HOWTOs should be plenty.

Specifically:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Mail-Administrator-HOWTO.html
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Mail-User-HOWTO.html

and (LinuxDoc didn't seem to have this for some reason)

http://www.moongroup.com/docs/Mail-HOWTO/Mail-HOWTO.html

*pause* Ah, I think I see why it wasn't there - it's an older version of
the Mail Administrator's HOWTO.

Sendmail is a truly huge topic, and covers a multitude of issues that you
simply don't want to know about unless you have to. It's very easy to get
lost in the fog if you're not careful. Think Emacs as a mailserver. :-)

> > I hope I have supplied enough detail about my problem.
>
> :-) yes.

*grin*

> Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

176. You lie, even to user-friends, about how long you were online yesterday.