[plug] RedHat upgrading...

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Jun 12 16:57:11 WST 2000

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Peter Wright wrote:

> Afternoon,
>
> Quick (well, relatively quick :) question:

<snip>

> Any up-to-date Redhatters out there know if this can be done (and if
> so, how?)

Ummm I know it's not quite the answer you're looking for BUT here are some
options.

*) try Ctrl-Alt-ESC or Ctrl-Alt-S
   while the machine is booting that should get you into the BIOS

*) download "tsetup" from the toshiba web site.  Make a DOS boot disk and then
   run tsetup from there.

*) USE with care.  mount the cdrom cd to the /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS dir.
   run rpm -F *.rpm
   This _should_ install all the "newer" rpms and dependancies from the 6.2
   CD.  I know rpm -F work BUT i've NEVER used it to upgrade an entire distro
   before.

Good luck.

Yours Tony.

/*