[plug] School proxy/monitoring saga

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Jun 15 12:04:10 WST 2000

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Peter Wright wrote:

> IPMasq proxy. Anyone successfully used RealAudio through an IPMasq
> (okay, or NAT, Christian :) proxy?

Yes, audio or video, it works fine. RealAudio can use a number of
transports, and will look for one that works.
  In the past I manually configured it to use UDP on port 7070 with the
ip_masq_raudio module. But now it seems to automatically find it.
  On a stricter firewall, it can run over HTTP, even using a proxy, but
UDP is preferable.

  Netmeeting is actually standards based, but last time I looked not all
features worked over IP-masq. See the H323 links. There was even progress
on Linux clients.

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--