[plug] School proxy/monitoring saga

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Thu Jun 15 12:02:26 WST 2000

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 10:54:35AM +0800, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Christian]
> > Wouldn't Linux fall into that same "backyard" non-proprietary
> > category?  I have a feeling the software she would run under Linux
> > would have the same level of support as Linux itself.  (Whatever
> > that is.)
>
> Are there really no company in WA giving professional support on
> Linux?

In case there is some confusion, I am *not* saying that Linux is
unsupported -- obviously the existence of this list demonstratest that it
is.  I'm just pointing out that in the perception of this person, the
degree of support for both Linux and the other piece of "backyard"
software are not acceptable and this appears to be a contradictory
position since she is happy to use Linux but not some other piece of
free software.