[plug] School proxy/monitoring saga

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Thu Jun 15 11:17:37 WST 2000

>[Christian]
>> Wouldn't Linux fall into that same "backyard" non-proprietary
>> category?  I have a feeling the software she would run under Linux
>> would have the same level of support as Linux itself.  (Whatever
>> that is.)
>
>Are there really no company in WA giving professional support on
>Linux?

There's a company called Open Systems that do. The two guys that I've
met from the company are pretty cluey about linux and have around 50 +
linux customers.

Dave.

  David Griffiths                             griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection          Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia