[plug] ReadAudio through masq: socks5

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sat Jun 17 19:36:13 WST 2000

Peter Wright wrote:
>> There is an ICQ masq module but you're better off (carefully)
>> installing socks5 and proxying ICQ with that.

> Demonstrating my ignorance... what's socks5?

A generlised proxy service. Many Windows programs that break when
working through masq will use socks5 proxying and not break. Free as in
beer, and there is source, probably GPL. It's hosted on NEC
(socks.nec.com?) somewhere.

> 119. You are reading a book and look for the scroll bar to get to
>      the next page.

I have several books on this machine, including a very useful
encyclopaedic FAQ delivered in PDF, which have scrollbars for page
navigation. It's strong incentinve to buy a bigger monitor.

--
Linux will not get in the door by simply mentioning it... it must win
by proving itself superior. We have no marketing department, our sales