[plug] Installfest

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon Jun 19 20:35:25 WST 2000

Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Leon Brooks wrote:
>> How are we going to pay for a venue? A non-free-as-in-beer installfest?

> I propose a nominal entry fee which includes a copy of their distro of
> choice on CD. (Although if they want potato, which is 3 CDs, it will need
> to be at least $6 just to cover the CDs)

Even Mandrake's well and truly onto 2 now, and I'm sure RedHat will
follow.

How fast are we able to turn over installations? This determines how
nominal the fee must be to cover the venue. Refreshments would probably
also be worthwhile, even if it bumped the costs up.

--
Linux will not get in the door by simply mentioning it... it must win
by proving itself superior. We have no marketing department, our sales