[plug] Terminal Emulation

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Tue Jun 20 11:10:34 WST 2000

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Bradley Browne wrote:

> cannot navigate around it, and the screen does not completely
> refresh (so some of the characters that were on the screen when I
> opened vi "appear" to be part of the document).  I realise this
> must be something to do with the terminal emulation

Spot on. I've never used TeraTerm, but in my experience just about any
telnet program, other than the one that comes with windows, should work
fine.

You need to set the Terminal type to (in order of preference) xterm, vt220
or vt100.

If that fails, I've found NetTerm (should be on TUCOWS) is almost as good
as the real thing :)

 - Matt
P.S. the list address is now plug at plug.linux.org.au not plug at linux.org.au