[plug] Linux book recommendations

Lucas fadersen at upnaway.com
Sun Jun 4 22:12:52 WST 2000

The best book I have ever read on Linux is
"Linux: Installation, Configuration, Use (2nd ed 1999)" by Michael Kofler.
It contains Red Hat 6.0 on enclosed CD and gives details about variations on
the different flavors but it is pricey at about $90.

A close second is
"Linux Configuration & Installation (4th ed 1998) by Patrick Volkerding,
Kevin Reichard and Eric Foster-Johnson.
It contains Slackware 3.5 on the CD, it concentrates solely on slackware and
is getting a bit old now but it is clearly written and I find slackware far
more intuitive than either Red Hat or Caldera Open Linux.

Regards
Wendy