[plug] squid acl time codes

Paul Baumgarten paul at kcc.wa.edu.au
Thu Jun 22 16:32:46 WST 2000

Gday

I am after assistance from anyone who has used the time codes in squid
access control lists.

What I am wanting to do is allow a limited group of users to have access
limited to certain time periods.  The trouble is that squid is allowing
the relevant users in at any point in time.  It is not a problem with
the proxy_auth side of things as when I remove my test user from the
"users.classA" file, the user is not allowed in... however with the test
user listed in the users file, that user is allowed in at _any_ time,
not just those listed in the "times.classA" file.

I have been able to use the acl codes successfully for source machines,
destination ip/url's, different userid's etc it's just this is the first
time I have tried to use the time codes.  If any one has any ideas as to
where I've gone wrong I'd appreciate it.

The relevant section of my squid.conf is:
acl classA_user proxy_auth "users.classA"
acl classA_time time "times.classA"
<snip>
http_access allow classA_time classA_user
http_access deny all

Where my "times.classA" file contains:
M 12:00-14:00
T 10:40-12:40