[plug] Linux Website Hosting

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Jun 22 21:50:38 WST 2000

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Oliver wrote:

> afford my own domain, but I was thinking it could be hosted under a
> subdomain of linux.org.au - perhaps object.linux.org.au or something

Oliver,
Are you talking about domain registration, DNS hosting, or web hosting, or
all of the above?
You can get a free domain from lots of places. If the project takes off,
you could probably get a free 2nd level domain from nic.cx.
  For website hosting, most ISPs provide that with the dialup service.
If you want a virtual domain, ask Matt for an account on spark. (You have
paid your plug membership, right?)

  Check out yi.org - they will give you a domain, and URL redirection if
you dont have your own nameserver. e.g. you could use

 http://yi.org/object_linux

which redirects to http://www.iinet.net.au/~ojw/object_linux .
The dynamic DNS can be handy too.

regards,