[plug] Why doesn't my .forward file work ?

Bradley Browne brad at server.mapsys.com.au
Mon Jun 26 12:24:26 WST 2000

I was under the impression that a .forward file listed
alternative addresses for your mail to go to.  This means that I
can put it in my ~ directory and the mail will sit in my ~
mailbox and also get forwarded to another account.  It appears
that the mail is only going to the account in my .forward file
and is not staying in my ~ account.  Is this consistent with
other peoples expectations ?

My aim is to be able to have my work email forwarded to my home
account so that I can read it at work and at home.  Am I going
about this the wrong way ?

Cheers,
Brad

--
Bradley Browne
Support Manager

1st Floor 646 Newcastle St
Leederville, WA 6007
Ph: +61 8 9328 2715 Fax: +61 8 9328 2716
email: brad at mapsys.com.au
http://www.mapsys.com.au/