[plug] Samba / IPC$ Configuration Update

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Mon Jun 26 00:25:35 WST 2000

At 11:21 AM 6/26/00 +0800, you wrote:
>List,
>
>Thanks to all who assisted with the Samba problem and IPC$. In the end
>the issue appeared to be the settings for who authenticates the users.
>In smb.conf it says do not use "password server" unless you are using
>"server" as security. Yet in the text files it states to use "domain" in
>security.
>
>Someone pointed out that even though I have set domain in security I
>still need to have a password server identified.

Ahh yes, when you set security=domain or security=server, you need to
specify a password server. The difference between security=server and
security=domain is that with security=domain, your Samba server must be a
member of the domain.

>Maybe this is a bolt together answer, but it works!
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Mike

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course
Author: First Australian 2-day, intensive, hands-on Samba course