[plug] Linux Support

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 27 16:57:38 WST 2000

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 04:47:56PM +0000, Oliver White wrote:

> > > At the risk of the pluggers getting bored of Leon's voice, when
> > > are you giving us a talk about ReiserFS??
> >
> > What will I do with the other 55 minutes?
>
> Did you hear ReiserFS was labeled 'non-free' by the debian folks?

How... interesting.

Considering that ReiserFS involves modifying the "standard" kernel
headers, by what I remember of the GPL-as-it-applies-to-the-linux-
kernel that should mean that all of ReiserFS has to be GPL.

And if it's GPL, I fail to see how even the most rabid FSF nutcase
could have a problem with it. I can understand the Debian stance on
KDE, but declaring ReiserFS non-free just sounds bizarre.

Where'd you hear this story, Oliver?  I'm intrigued.

> Oliver White

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

202. You're amazed to find out Spam is a food.