[plug] Setting the clock

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Jun 29 19:07:40 WST 2000

Oliver White wrote:

> > > You mean run those two commands? With any other arguments?
> >
> > Suck it and see. (-:
>
> Didn't do anything noticable. :/
>
> Tried 'apt-get install ntpdate', and had to edit the configuration file, then
> got:
>
> narf:~# ntpdate
> 30 Jun 02:31:35 ntpdate[764]: no servers can be used, exiting

Sorry, perhaps I should have been more explicit.

If you read the docs, they would have advised giving it a few servers to
suck time from. tictoc.tip.csiro.au works, even though marked obsolete,
and there's one in UWA somewhere, but you may be logistically closer to
Melb or Syd depending on who you connect through. The Adelaide Uni ones
move occasionally, so I don't rely solely on them.

--
Linux will not get in the door by simply mentioning it... it must win
by proving itself superior. We have no marketing department, our sales